Walking In Your Shoes®
About What We Do
“Don’t judge someone until you have walked a mile in their moccasins.”
In the 2 sections below I give a brief explanation of WIYS and how a Walk is generally done. Please keep in mind that there are many variations and that the work is (still) very much evolving. Walk for yourself and see!
The Approach In General
WIYS can help us with:
- Healing of personal traumas & woundings
- A better understanding of – sometimes pressing – issues in our lives
- Exploring areas in our lives which have been hidden, sometimes for a long time
- Tapping into our potentials and creative re-/sources
- Facilitate communication/reconciliation in a family or a variety of group settings
- Giving a voice to beings not having their own or a ‘voice’ we can’t understand
- Experiencing a deeper empathy with all beings and the world around us
- … and many more
The Actual Walk
Should I walk myself or someone else for me?
Whenever suitable you’d do the walk yourself. As the facilitator I will help you to determine what serves you best.
How long are walks?
A typical walk is somewhere between 20-30 minutes, occasionally a little longer. Sometimes I do timed walks which are about 10 minutes long.
Can I walk … ?
You can walk (or have walked) Yourself, loved ones / your boss / a neighbor / …, a person of public interest, an archetype, a fictional character, parts of your body, your blind-spot / calling / inner child / longing / next step / …, projects, relationships (to others, to money, …), political systems, the environment, countries to name a few.
But what about …?
A walk is a felt, energetic experience in your body and expressed thru it. So if you’d like an answer to the question “How much money should I invest in company X?”, a walk will not give you a numerical answer. There are ways though to still explore the subject via a Walk. The motivation for a walk usually comes from the heart with a benign intent. I reserve the right to decline a walk if it seems ill intended.
Any other questions?
Just go to contact and shoot if off.